Jigsaw Puzzle Pack Pro: Xmas Edition
The classic holiday pastime of jigsaw puzzles, now in the cozy confines
of your PICO-8 fantasy console!
~ ~ ~
Like all "Pro" versions of Jigsaw Puzzle Pack sold by KITTENM4STERSOFT, this
version allows any PNG image (up to 128x128 px) to be transformed into a custom
puzzle via convenient drag-and-drop!
- 4 pixel art puzzles (+1 custom) in one single 32kb cartridge!
- Drag-and-drop Custom Puzzles! (does not work in HTML version; see download links below)
- Devkit Mouse support!
- Traditional Background Music!
- RandoCut technology for random cuts every time!
- D-Pad: move cursor
- [O]: Pick up/drop
- [X]: (Hold) move faster
(for keyboard mapping on desktop, click the gamepad icon next to the web player)
Mouse (when enabled in pause menu)
- click to pick up/drop or click-and-drag
- player 2 D-pad (ESDF) moves camera
- scroll wheel scrolls up and down (just for the heck of it)
- "Snowman" image by Aubrianne Anderson, CC4-BY-NC-SA
- Untitled (VW Van) image copyright Marco Vale, used with permission
- Untitled (picnic) image by zep, CC4-BY-NC-SA
- John Berger image from "Portraits 2" by PixellerJeremy, CC4-BY-NC-SA
- Gravity Bold 8 font by John Watson, modified by me
- Abaddon Bold font by Nathan Scott, license CC BY 3.0
- "The Christmas Song" written in 1945 by Robert Wells and Mel Tormé, arranged by kittenm4ster
Slightly more info can be found in the original Lexaloffle BBS post for this cartridge
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux, HTML5|
|Tags||Board Game, Casual, chiptune, Christmas, Cozy, Pixel Art, Retro, Short|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution_NonCommercial_ShareAlike v4.0 International|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Gamepad (any)|
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I wish I could make my own puzzles on a Chromebook :(......
this is the best christmas-themed puzzle game ever!
that is all.
I'm very fond of this. First of all, digital jigsaw puzzle UX is hard to get right in my experience, and this really went out of its way to make it feel good. Never frustrating, lots of quality of life polish. And the autosave is something i'd like to see in a lot more p8 carts in general. the fact that we can also drag in our own pngs means this system was worth the work, as it can now extend infinitely beyond the original four puzzles, something well deserved as it's so comfortable. but even the four that came with it feel generous enough. and cute to boot. i really enjoyed putting them together. the music was stuck in my head for two whole days and never got on my nerves. on the contrary, it did a fair bit of work ungrinching me. i've been extremely grumpy for very understandable reasons, but when outside of direct grump-inducing scenarios, it is difficult to maintain that mood with such a pleasant and bouncy and cheerful song stuck in your head. much as i might have liked to scowl, i instead found myself bobbing and whistling. that's my only complaint :P but seriously this was a pleasant and soothing little gift. i may be extra emotionally-inclined here because my family has a tradition of putting together puzzles during the holidays, and (for grump-inducing reasons) we cannot do that this year, so this filled a nostalgic role. i'll be sending it their way. i think, with its ease of use, even my less technologically capable family members will be able to enjoy it. so anyway, thanks <3 this is a good cart.